The European Data Forum, http://data-forum.eu/, is a meeting place for industry, research, policymakers and community initiatives to discuss the challenges of the emerging Data Economy (Linked Open Data, Big Data, business models, etc.).
The European Data Forum Steering Committee solicits Expressions of Interest (EoI) to act as local host/organizer of the European Data Forum in 2015.
The European Data Forum follows the country of the EU Presidency:
- EDF 2012 in Copenhagen: http://2012.data-forum.eu
- EDF 2013 in Dublin: http://2013.data-forum.eu
- EDF 2014 in Athens: http://2014.data-forum.eu
In 2015, Latvia and Luxembourg will hold the EU Presidency. Hence, we are looking for local organizers from these two countries.
The requirements and duties of a local host/organizer include (but are not limited to):
- Arrangement of an attractive and accessible venue, catering, social event/dinner
- Outreach and engagement of local communities including politicians and industry representatives, etc.
- Management of the event budget
As the local host/organizer of the EDF 2015, you would be uniquely positioned in the European Data community with hopefully many collaboration opportunities arising from this extremely important community service.
Interested persons/institutions should submit an EoI including background information about yourself, your organization, your event organization experience and your local community outreach capabilities. Please submit your EoI until 31 February 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.