BeRSys 2014 is the second edition of the series of BeRSys workshops; it provides a forum where topics related to the evaluation (included, but not limited to, expressive power, usability and performance) of RDF data management platforms can be discussed and elaborated.
The objectives of this workshop are to:
- create a discussion forum where researchers and industrials can meet and discuss topics related to the performance of RDF systems.
- expose and initiate discussions on best practices, different application needs and scenarios related to RDF data management.
We welcome contributions presenting experiences with benchmarking RDF systems as well as technical contributions regarding the development of benchmarks for different aspects of RDF data management ranging from query processing and reasoning to data integration and ETL techniques. We welcome contributions from a diverse set of domain areas such as life science (bio-informatics, pharmaceutical domain), social networks, cultural informatics, news, digital forensics among others.
More specifically, the topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- descriptions of RDF data management use cases and query workloads
- benchmarks for SPARQL query and reasoning workloads
- benchmarks for RDF data integration tasks including but not limited to ontology alignment, instance matching and ETL techniques
- benchmark metrics
- temporal and geospatial benchmarks
- evaluation of benchmark performance results on RDF engines
- benchmark principles
- query processing and optimisation algorithms for RDF systems
- Submission Deadline: June 15, 2014
- Notification of Acceptance: July 15, 2014
- Camera Ready Copy: August 1, 2014
- Workshop Day: September 5, 2014