- Complete: the objective is to cover all the existing data in France (public/private, free/charged, regional/national/European)
- Richest: the system provides data with its associated meta-data (structure, date, editor, format etc.)
- Best equipped: the system includes a search engine to access the data based on both data and meta-data
Data Publica has two sources of revenue:
- We develop custom data sets based on client's specifications. The customer gives us the description of the data set he wishes to build. We identify the data sources, we extract the data, then we process the sources to produce the desired data set. Data sets are usually delivered through a subscription mode.
- We run a data store in which people can sell and buy data. The data store is integrated in the directory, where people looking for data can find free and charged data. Data sets sold through the Data Store can be produced by Data Publica or by third party vendors.
Data Publica has gathered seed funding from business angels and a VC Fund (IT-Translation), it has several R&D research project in common with INRIA. It is supported by OSEO through a grant and it participates in an EIT-ICT Lab project on SmartBridges. Data Publica has a strong experience and expertise in open data and PSI and associated technology. It will bring to the project the expertise about Open Data, collect the requirements about this use case and apply the technology developed by the project to the open data case.